APS-C IMAGE QUALITY VS fULL fRAME AT TESTING

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
MOD schmegg Veteran Member • Posts: 5,768
Re: APS-C IMAGE QUALITY VS fULL fRAME AT TESTING

Sovern wrote:

You guys should just stop bickering about stuff that does not manner and go out and shoot more photos :).

Some of the posters on here act like theres such a drastic difference between crop and FF (theres not).

If you guys really cared about image quality so much you'd get that RED camera or shoot Medium Format as MF "sees" even less noise than FF sees a wider view that is way more drastic than the small difference between crop and FF.

You guys act as though you're comparing P&S sensors to FF haha.

I'm not sure if you've followed the whole thing - I wouldn't blame you if you haven't. Hehe.

I'm merely attempting to point out that when one speaks of a higher resolving system or sensor, then one must make the comparison fairly by presenting the same optical projection, in terms of detail, to the system to record in the first place! It's the only way to sensibly determine which system is capable of resolving more detail.

What DD is arguing (whether he acknowledges it or not) is that the full frame system allows you to get closer to the subject for a given composition and hence present more detail to the sensor to record in the first place. And this is correct - but it's not measuring which system is capable of resolving more detail, it's simply showing the difference in how you can utilise the system. It all falls down when you consider 1:1 macro or reach limited situation - and that is because he is not talking about which system resolves more, but the difference in the way you can use them.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MAC
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow