APS-C IMAGE QUALITY VS fULL fRAME AT TESTING

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
MOD schmegg Veteran Member • Posts: 5,768
Re: APS-C IMAGE QUALITY VS fULL fRAME AT TESTING

Donald Duck wrote:

schmegg wrote:

You are playing with words again. What you are given are two cameras and to mainstream lenses, like the 50/1.4 and the 85/1.8. You already agreed that the equivalent settings are what matter. So the 50 is at f/1.4, and the 85 is at f/2.2. Which one will resolve more?

Difficult to say as the image detail presented to the sensor to record would be different.

And why would that be? Let me guess - the lenses are of similar quality - hmm..., the format?

The lenses will certainly not deliver projections suitable to draw useful conclusions regarding which camera is capable of resolving more detail. That is undeniable.

I would expect the full frame to come away with an image that looks sharper, however.

Don't say! Now, go to that website, and take a look. It is eye opening.

I have no idea what website you are talking about. But, in any case, do the macro test and your eyes will be opened as to which camera is capable of resolving more detail from the same optical projection. ie. which is the higher resolving system.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MAC
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow