Canon 650D better than 600D under low light conditions?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
TTMartin
TTMartin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,304
Re: Canon 650D better than 600D under low light conditions?

Midwest wrote:

kyrcy wrote:

Does the Canon 650D perform better than the 600D under low light conditions? I know that it has a newer processor, but how much difference does this make in night time photos? Can ISO speed for example be pushed higher without introducing extra noise? Also, is image quality any better when using the same lens?

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, and I would expect the 650D to do the same if not a tiny bit better in low light conditions. Also the AF on the 650D is probably better in low light. But looking at the image comparometer tool in the dpreview tests, to my eyes the 600D actually looks a bit better in both JPG and RAW up to 6400 ISO.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

I agree with Midwest, the 650D is a big technological leap, because it added phase detect focus, to the main sensor without substantially hurting high ISO performance.

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 400D +26 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow