D800 is within factory standard! Needs +20 to stop it front focusing.

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
primeshooter
OP primeshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,772
Re: Same +20 AF adjustment problem after 1st repair

digitalphotographer wrote:

Thanks prime shooter for your success story, this gives me hope that Nikon Canada will fix my D800E properly after their 1st AF repair created a camera that front focuses so much to the point even adding +20 adjustments to all my lenses is still producing unclear images that are inferior to those shot under LV.

On top of this, both left and right focus points outside the crosshair arrays are producing images that are so "off" in focus, I could see with my bare eyes through the viewfinder. It's really maddening when manually focusing with my bad eyes is giving me sharper images than the focusing mechanism on this advanced and state of the art camera!

Just a quick question, should I send in just the camera body, or all the lenses that are severely front focusing?

I'd just send in the camera, and send plenty of shots with it in an email to them, make sure they are good AF targets etc. If the body is that out of wack they should be able to fix it. Tell them about the +20 required.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow