FUJI X100S or NEX7N or ...?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cyrilo New Member • Posts: 11
FUJI X100S or NEX7N or ...?

After selling my NEX5N 2 months ago because I was bored by video overheat and lack of EVF, I am on the market again.

My first attempt was to buy the Nikon D5200 or D7100 because of past with a D40 some years ago.

But I realized how much I liked to preview the result on an EVF before shooting, given it has a nice quality.

The NEX7 was an option I gave up, because of always this overheat issue and low light weakness compared to NEX5N.

Actually a NEX5N with an integrated EVF and without heat issue would have been THE camera for me.

I tried the NEX6 several days but I was not impressed for some reasons.

I also tried the FUJI X100 and I was amazed by the IQ, but depressed by the quirks of the AF, despite the recent firmware updates.

Now I am expecting much more from the next generation from both, NEX7N and FUJI X100S.

IQ for stills, great and bright viewfinder, nice video.

Although I do not doubt that NEX7N should provide a significant update of NEX7, I am wondering what FUJI X100S will bring to X100 videography level.

My main requirement would be IQ, as I would like to shoot on weddings, with sufficient AF performance and reasonable portability, that would exclude bulk of DSLRs.

Any clue or comments are welcome.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D40 Nikon D5200 Nikon D7100 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow