Lightroom or Elements?

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Questions thread
dwight3
dwight3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,496
Re: Lightroom or Elements?

BigCatDaddy wrote:

Where you go wrong is assuming they both are apples and one might be better for you. They are different, one an apple, the other an orange. My advice, buy both. Both have different tools helpful for you. Iuse Lightroom 90% for my basic processing, but go to photoshop for occasional layers and the use of unsharp/mask, and a nice cloning tool.

Me too.

I use Lightroom for 100% of my images. 10% of those images then go to Photoshop for the fancy editing. After that they go back into Lightroom for the data management.

PS: you might try GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program). It is freeware and can give you some experience working with layers for image combining. For a beginner, the price is right and you can use it until you really feel the need for something better, then move to Photoshop. I used it for 5-6 years before getting Photoshop.

Photoshop does more than GIMP, but it also costs a lot more. If you need it, it's worth it, but try the free stuff first.

dwight3's gear list:dwight3's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow