D800 is within factory standard! Needs +20 to stop it front focusing.

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 14,543
Re:Now forum guidelines

Joe Porto wrote:

The lengths one poster has gone to attempt to disprove focus issues with the D800 is humorous, pathetic, even mind boggling at times.

Please - stop breaking forum guidelines, and also not telling the truth.

I have NEVER said no D800 cameras have a manufacturing focus issue.

What I say is I have seen 118 links (my latest count) on this forum using targets that look like ones Nikon say can cause poor focus accuracy, and no links using a first class target. I stand by this opinion.

I also from time to time acknowledge it is probable some cameras not focussing good with unsuitable test systems might show a fault if Nikon's guidance on how to get good results using autofocus is followed.

I have not called you "humorous, pathetic even mind-boggling" even though you may not be able to find any dpreview links to show I am wrong, because it is against forum guidelines to insult other posters.

If you do find any dpreview links following Nikon's guidance which I have missed I am happy to look at them.

As of now the results seem to be 118 to nil. A result of 118 to one or two could help quantify the likely size of any issue

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow