New Mac Mini is sooo slow

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tareq Abdulla Regular Member • Posts: 259
Re: New Mac Mini is sooo slow

Tareq Abdulla wrote:

I am upgrading all my old computer Mac to Maximum RAM and also replace all HDD to SSD, i upgraded my Macbook Pro mid 2009 from 2GB to 8GB and replaced its HDD to Samsung 256GB 840 Pro series SSD and it is faster than what it was before, i will not say it is rocket fast because i cloned the HDD to SSD, maybe if i made fresh Install it may get faster but i i think it is not blazing fast due to MBP Sata II [3GB/s] interface so not getting maximum speed of SSd, but overall i am very happy now than before.

Just wait until i replace my HDD on my old Mac Mini [Early 2009] to SSD and will let you know, i supposed to receive my SSD drives by Monday, i also ordered RAM memory for this Mac Mini to upgrade to 8GB even that model is not sure it can handle up to 8GB, but i put my trust on SSD, and by the way, i work with Mountain Lion on that Mac Mini and it works flawlessly except i left it with too many windows opened of browsers and didn't turn off the computer since 1 month so that it is now very slow.

Tareq Abdulla's gear list:Tareq Abdulla's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow