New Ride

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OntarioJohn
OntarioJohn Senior Member • Posts: 1,959
New Ride

I could not get one of those nice Cuban trucks into Canada.  But we got home and the older Mini became a newer Mini with an extra foot.  And sunroofs.  I want to drive to Florida, but alas, I'm going to San Diago for a week in March and Europe for 3 in May, after just coming from Cuba.  So...here she is.

I was, numerous times, in charge of fires like this.  Even before I became a city firefighter I had the district north of Superior, about 4 million acres and 3 small fire departments of which I was the head gazoo.  Some of the fire equipment I saw so very very old, and other stuff was much newer.  I see huge changes in Cuba, in the last 4 years cell phones are everywhere.  Just don't try to use American Express.  LOL.

So the above is an old ride, I drove fire apparatus, and eventually became the head of Driver Training, amongst other stuff like talking to the political hands.  No fun at all.  Once it was no fun I took the pension, and retired at 53.  Because I could.

-- hide signature --

John D. Conley nemo me impune lacessit

OntarioJohn's gear list:OntarioJohn's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow