D800 is within factory standard! Needs +20 to stop it front focusing.

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
GroWeb Regular Member • Posts: 152
Re: *****Received D800 back yesterday...

primeshooter wrote:

D800 is very different to when it went. ... it focuses MUCH better than it did 3 weeks ago. It still gets the odd miss in difficult situations but not the consistant front focus. AF fine tune is off. Doing an AF fine tune, I'm finding that each lens needs about +4 or there abouts each (if that - it's very very good with af fine tune off). ...

I don't get Nikon...but I am glad I can finally move on. Camera shouldn't hinder you...and now I feel I am free from this problem.

With my own D800E currently in the shop (Nikon Canada in Mississauga) for the second attempt to get the AF functioning properly (they managed to significantly worsen it in the first effort -- QC at the service centres seems to be no better than QC at the factories!), I am encouraged to be hearing more and more that people who persist with Nikon are getting results. It is unfortunate that Nikon appears to be taking this, at best, halfhearted (at worst, somewhere between avoidant and adversarial) approach to the problem; but at least it looks as though the problems are eventually being solved, case by tedious case.

GroWeb's gear list:GroWeb's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow