Can Sigma 35/1.4 also trouble the waters for Nikon 24/1.4?

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ARB1
ARB1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,395
Re: Sigma 35/1.4 does trouble the waters for Nikon 35/1.4?

ADMint wrote:

sroute wrote:

ADMint wrote:

I know the lens smashes Nikon in price, but as I asked before, how's the build quality (sigma)?

On the surface, build quality looks excellent.

It doesn't have a 10 year recyclable symbol on the side - this is an all metal lens. The lens hood is plastic but sturdy and twists on with a reassuring click. Manual focus is quite good bordering on excellent in my view - not loose at all, perhaps slightly stiff but I'd rather that, and no play. I'm coming to this lens (and the D800) after years using *only* manual focus Zeiss lenses.

It looks good and inspires confidence.

Would I want to drop it? Nope.

10 year warranty for Canadian buyers, yay!

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I may give it a look. Now I'll just have to decide if I still want Nikon's 28mm 1.8G or this Sigma 35mm.

Oh, and since I'm in the U.S. I wonder what that warranty would be?

I'm in the same boat but I just couldn't get past the build quality of the Nikon 28mm so I returned it.  I may wait to see is Sigma comes out with an Art line in 24 or 28mm 1.4 or 1.8 and if they don't I'll get the 35mm 1.4.

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha a7R II Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow