nikon D7100 - how will Canon respond?

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 20,937
Re: Hopefully with something with a real buffer....

MAC wrote:

Redteg94 wrote:

Why bother with 6-7fps and pro-grade AF?

At the current price level of the 60D and 7D, Canon don't necessarily have to respond that soon; only their sensor is outdated, they otherwise match up pretty well with the D7100

exactly. for colors, WB, and the extra DN, most pros I know and work with are raw and lightroom shooters

that raw 6-7 buffer on d7100 is the Achilles heal for $1200

even my $699 60d for about half the price has 16 in the raw buffer - which comes in handy for action moments for 3 seconds, versus 1 second with the nikon and you're done with raw

as you said, why bother...

I guess you dont know any sports shooting pros.  All those shots on the sidelines of sporting events.....they aren't shot with raw.

Maybe, just maybe, the D7100 isn't a sports camera.  I presume you are complaining about the buffer on the D800 and the IQ180 for sporting events as well.  Just so you know, both my 4x5 view camera have a very slow frame rate as well.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ajy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
MAC
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow