Mikael Risedal
Mikael Risedal Veteran Member • Posts: 4,620
Re: Yawn

bobn2 wrote:

Mikael Risedal wrote:

MisterPootieCat wrote:

Mikael Risedal wrote:

Suave wrote:

For my purposes it's not an improvement over 7D. I don't see much improvement in ISO, I hate larger filesize, I am fairly happy with my current AF.

And no built-in wi-fi? No articulating screen?

well, you have 2,2 stop more DR at base iso , better high iso qualities (and all other parameters)

Nikon 5200 has the same sensor as in D7100

I'm not sure that's correct: DPR made it quite clear the sensor is not the same as the one used in the D5200. But I'm guessing the DR will be as good, maybe even better than the D5200. The graph makes it clear that Canon is losing this horse race.

-- hide signature --

Member of Swedish Photographers Association since 1984
Canon, Hasselblad, Leica,Nikon, Linhoff, Sinar
President of IARNA International anti-banding and read out noise Association

it is the same Toshiba sensor, no logic to not use the same one in D 7100

Nikon says 'new sensor' but marketing will say 'new' if but one thing is changed. My guess is that the change is to the cover glass of the sensor package. In the D5100 it is the rear plate of the AA filter, and in the D7100 it is just glass. The D800E uses the sensor package with the AA plate, which is why Nikon adopted the null filter approach. With the higher volumes of the D7100, I suppose it becomes economic to stock a sensor package variant with glass instead of lithium niobate.

-- hide signature --

Bob

interesting, I think we now are reaching the border where AA-filter are un necessary , around 60-70Mp and a 24x36mm sensor area.

-- hide signature --

Member of Swedish Photographers Association since 1984
Canon, Hasselblad, Leica,Nikon, Linhoff, Sinar
President of IARNA International anti-banding and read out noise Association

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ajy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
MAC
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow