300 f/2.8 II L IS USM brickwall test - kind of

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
schmegg MOD Veteran Member • Posts: 5,768
Re: 300 f/2.8 II L IS USM brickwall test - kind of

joger wrote:

schmegg wrote:

Once again you are twisting the facts. Ho-hum. And I know you know what you are doing - which makes your obfuscation of the facts even more deplorable.

No

I was talking about technology - which is screen level when you keep the pixel size (arround 6 µm in this case for Canon) - of course the 5D II/III is better in the final images due to the bigger sensor.

Per Pixel Canon did not improve on the sensor since 2004 - more or less.

I've posted unmolested images from DxO showing image level comparisons of both a crop and full frame body from around 2004 compared to the latest full frame offering.

In both cases, the older technology is behind by a noticeable amount.

Yet you still maintain that there has been no improvement.

Further to this, consider these measurements from sensorgen.info ...

20D: Quantum Efficiency 26%, Minimum read noise 3.7 e-, Max saturation capacity 48255

5D: Quantum Efficiency 25%, Minimum read noise 4.2 e-, Max saturation capacity 55297

5D2: ´╗┐Quantum Efficiency 33%, Minimum read noise 3.2 e-, Max saturation capacity 64600

6D: Quantum Efficiency 50%, Minimum read noise 1.6 e-, Max saturation capacity 76606

No improvement eh? LOL! Why do I bother?

I am a materials scientist and a part of my study was semiconductors - I judge companies by there improvement

Fine. Pity you can't compare data sets and draw valid conclusions.

I stop here

OK. We're way off topic, and your assertion is looking very broken. So I don't blame you.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow