Just for studio work...

Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
phoman Contributing Member • Posts: 896
Just for studio work...

going from D800 to D3x would not be downgrade? I pretty much made up my mind to sell D800 even after being back from Nikon service though it is better now it still has focus issues. I so love my D4 best camera ever, love the color, dynamic range, speed and focus accuracy better then my trusty D3s! With 85mm 1.4g shooting at f 1.4 the focus accuracy on D800 was like 50/50 even after this camera came back from nikon repare though it is much better now still not how I believe this $3000 camera should work. I crave for a little bit more resolution the D4 provides and think that 24mp of D3x would be a very sweet spot and also looks like this camera has been proved to be very reliable in every aspect?

Also yesterday I just tried to use the 85mm shooting only at f1.4 on both the D4 and D800 as I was playing with my little girl, just to see how many keeps I will have out of this 2 camera and again it was more like 50/50 on D800 and on D4 every shot is razor sharp. So anyone having D800 and D3x can help me out here?

Thank you so much

-Yuriy

Bellow is D4 with 85mm lens shot at F1.4 just loving it!!

phoman's gear list:phoman's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
Nikon D3S Nikon D3X Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow