D800 is within factory standard! Needs +20 to stop it front focusing.

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 15,743
Re: Update

primeshooter wrote:

So, I sent more pictures that I found that were front focused, albeit not the worst one's as I deleted really unusable shots at the time. (snipped)

The point about all this is that at the end of the day, the camera consistantly front focuses,

I think what you are saying is the camera focus accuracy varies, and maybe sometimes it is okay; otherwise you would have no images to keep

The camera focus accuracy (or lack of accuracy) could vary with subjects similar to those in the links in your first post. Nikon tell you in your camera instruction book phase detect autofocus may not be accurate with either a high contrast edge of very fine detail. One of the link images has a high contrast edge and the other has fine detail

If your camera front focuses with every lens with every subject with good autofocus subjects I agree it is faulty.

All I know is the links you have posted show subjects which seem not to be good autofocus subjects, and Nikon say they cannot find a fault when checking your camera (by more than one person) in the workshop.

In UK law you have no recourse against Nikon if they cannot find a fault.

If there is a fault which Nikon cannot repair you have recourse against the retailer, including the right (on a UK purchase) to a full purchase price refund under EEC law if less than six months old.

If when you get to the camera back you think there is still a fault you can pay an independent repairer to check it out.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow