nikon D7100 - how will Canon respond?

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
tonywong Regular Member • Posts: 292
Re: nikon D7100 - how will Canon respond?

AllOtherNamesTaken wrote:

JRFlorendo wrote:

Since its inception at B&H

D300s (772 Sold)

D7000 (1018 Sold)

7D (1922 Sold)

Seems like the OLD 7D is comfortably out selling both Nikon bodies with higher profit margin, maybe drop the price to match D7100. At any rate, the rumored 7DII specs should be a TKO for sure, if it is price right(below 2K).

That cannot be true at all. My small local camera store has moved more than 1018 D7000 bodies. A store like B&H would probably be in the tens of thousands.

I think someone is just making up numbers. I noticed that there are 672 reviews for the D300s, 918 reviews for the D7000 and 2022 reviews for the 7D on BH's website.

Utter coincidence that each one of those numbers is only 100 less than the referred values, is it not?

If one could consider that an equal proportion of buyers would submit a review for each model sold, you could theoretically get a ratio of how well each product has sold. However you would have no idea if the review submission process is biased in any way towards one model or brand and if BH's sales/reviews are representative to the national/international market.

I suppose you could check the proportions to the Amazon sales but I don't really care about it enough to go and see.

tonywong's gear list:tonywong's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS 300D Nikon D300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +114 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ajy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
MAC
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow