Anders W wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Anders W wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Anders W wrote:

tedolf wrote:

yotes wrote:

Hello there!

I own a Panasonic 7-14mm but I have been curious about Samyang 7.5mm for at least 6 months. I don't mind the manual focus as I have two Voigtlander lenses. A fisheye lens looks so fun to use but I already have the UWA lens, 7-14mm.

Can someone convince me to get the Samyang?

Thank you

I think that the Samyang 7.5mm is a fantastic lens and one of the "star" lenses in the u 4/3 world.

But, like you I have a wide angle zoom, the 9-18mm and can't seem to justify the purchase even though I love most of what I have seen from it on this forum.

I think to make a fish eye work, you really have to know what you are doing with it and I do not have enough confidence in myself to think I will make it work.

I have seen a few shots from it here where it is clear the new owner doesn't have a clue as to what to do with that lens.

Tedolph

You don't necessarily have to use it as an FE although that's of course one very interesting option. You can also (partly) defish and you have a super UWA that goes about 50 percent wider (132 versus 88 degrees horizontally) than your 9-18. Here are a few modest examples including comparisons with the 7-14 at 7.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50722127

cool shots, thanks for the link.

I think I will have to reconsider my position.

Good. I think you should get this lens Tedolf. It's really very good, not expensive, and, above all, completely manual. Now how can you resist that.

Get Thee behind me Satan!

Oh. And I forgot. It has that hard-to-define rangefinder charm too.

Argh.......

don't do this to me!

TEdolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow