6D, lots of ducks in flight, sharper this time

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Spad16
Spad16 Senior Member • Posts: 1,085
6D, lots of ducks in flight, sharper this time

I made a bit of an effort to get them sharper this week, used a faster shutter speed as suggested, and took off the teleconverter, which meant I had to zoom in a bit more, but zooming in is great on full-frame. I'm still awfully impressed by the autofocus  of the 6D, I got nowhere near as many keepers with the 40D. I'm still only using the centre point, I don't understand how you'd have time to fiddle around with focus points in this situation, but I'll have a try when it gets warmer, after half an hour my fingers were frozen solid! No gulls cooperated for a straight ahead shot, and the mallards were too quick for me,  but I was glad to be able to get some decent mallard shots for the first time.

Hope you like them/Neil

Pity about the wingtip

Top one is in focus, should have been the other way around, but hey-ho, glad to get the shot at all!

His tummy is in focus!

Confusing backgrounds doesn't seem to bother the 6D at all

Spad16's gear list:Spad16's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +2 more
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow