7100 taking d300s flagship status, NO say Nikon Europe.

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TITCHY Senior Member • Posts: 1,309
7100 taking d300s flagship status, NO say Nikon Europe.

I have been waiting for an announcement for a true and worthy D300 replacement for what seems like ages ,and never lost the faith that it would indeed happen .

today,s announcement for the D7100 was not unexpected ,but i became a little alarmed at the claims by some websites and stores the the new camera was to be the new "FLAGSHIP" DX model .  by definition "flagship" is top of the range , and it would appear to doom the D300 series to history without a swansong .

however i asked Nikon (Europe) if the claims were indeed true .and got a pretty catagoric "NO" also in their reply they advise watching out for future announcements ,and although the person composing the letter was careful not to give anything concrete away ,there are several hints , that give hope at least for a real D300s successor in the not too distant future.

TITCHY's gear list:TITCHY's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +59 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TKH
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow