Scenes around Paris

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh Veteran Member • Posts: 6,022
Re: Scenes around Paris

fotophool wrote:

dgnelson wrote:

The Eiffel Tower could well be the most photographed structure on the planet. You've done the first photo so well that you've avoided the very easy cliche. It would have been a great photo without the tower, it's even better with it. Nicely shot.

Having said that, I think you should consider cropping the top part of the photo. I don't think you need the top of the tower and I think it would give you a better balance. Just a suggestion, it's already an excellent photo.

Dan

Surely you cannot be serious.

It looks like silhouettes approaching some sort of modern space ship that's going to lift them into the heavens (see the other contrails?) and you want to crop the top of it off?

OP: don't you dare!

I would crop a little of the top, but would keep the Eifel tower intact. I'd crop a little on the left so that the left most silhouette falls right on the third.  The picture looks better when not in 4:3 format, but somewhere between 16:9 and 3:2.  One could darken the top right corner to recover some of the darkness thrown out with the crop.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha a7R Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha a7R II +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow