Quick pool, em-5 or gh-3

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
David247
David247 Senior Member • Posts: 2,406
One of each

And no I'm not being funny.  I want one of each body so I have access to each cameras strengths.  There is no "one" choice for me.

With around 47-48 years of photography experience, 13+ professional doing military, industrial, biomedical, some studio/wedding/portraiture and other technical photographic work, I am a firm believer in using the right tool for the job at hand.  Both are excellent hybrid cameras, each with its own strengths but both highly capable and pretty much equal at most things.   The best for me would be one of each with a nice compliment of zoom and prime lenses.

But if I had to choose one to start with (a decision I have to make anyway), then I would choose the GH3 as it provides the greatest overall flexibility to start in my opinion.  I would then add and OMD-EM5 body at the earliest possible date to round out the system with a combination of the best Panasonic and Olympus lenses.

Hey, if you're going to dream, dream big.

-- hide signature --

David R

David247's gear list:David247's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Olympus E-510
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow