Girl's Basketball--last game of the season

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Buchanan Senior Member • Posts: 1,124
Re: Girl's Basketball--last game of the season

My 1st DSLR was a Canon T1i w/18-55 kit and the 1st lens I got to go with it was that Sigma.  Went to a 60D and still used that lens for my indoor sports.  Eventually upgraded to the Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS II which I now use with a 5D3.  I still like the Sigma, does a nice job and the length is great on a Crop for indoor sports.  I even shot one of our basketball games last week with the 60D and the Sigma just for fun and it still works nicely.

I don't know what your Sony choices are on an 85 1.8 but the Canon 85 1.8 works well for indoor sports (was my backup in case gym was too dark to use a 2.8 zoom); I prefer the flexiblity of a zoom but 85 is a good focal length for gym sports and you do get the extra stop.  A lot of people use it and it is small, light, and inconspicuous.  Again, I can only speak about the Canon version but it also makes a nice portrait lens and is very reasonably priced for the quality you get.  You could go ahead and get a 85 and still keep your eyes out for a used 50-150.

Buchanan's gear list:Buchanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 70D +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow