Compact Camera charging

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Questions thread
John1940
John1940 Senior Member • Posts: 2,724
Re: Compact Camera charging

LWT42 wrote:

headfirst wrote:

LWT42 wrote:

I'm looking for a good compact digital camera.

what makes a god compact? your needs & budget may differ from mine.

Good question.

I started with Micro-USB on the camera body for charging through standard hardware because a camera with dead batteries is useless, and I'm more than willing to trade a couple of hours for charging vs. a week or more to charge (if you have to buy yet another proprietary charger and wait for the postman).

I'd be happy with 8 megapixels, but I'm sure whatever I get will be higher. My pictures end up in E-Mail or on web pages -- computer screens at 72 dots/inch.

Don't need WiFi or the ability to update social media sites. I normally carry a computer and do at least some editing before I post (or just use my phone if "fast" is more important).

Image stabilization is good. Low light is good. More zoom rather than less is good. Those are wants, not needs.

I grew up on film, so I'm used to capturing images with the camera and touching them up in the darkroom -- or using photoshop to do the same things.

My two absolute requirements is charging with the chargers I always have with me, and the ability to transfer photos via USB.

All of the latest Cyber-Shot cameras have featured battery recharging built into the camera itself, so that you can charge the battery through the camera's USB port.  Included in the box is a USB cord which adapts from your camera's type of USB port to the standard connector.  Also included is an AC to USB wall adapter, which would appear to be the same unit no matter which camera or cord you need.

John1940

John1940's gear list:John1940's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow