Mom's with Cameras killing your business?

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
PenguinPhotoCo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,284
so rare as not to matter

yes, you are right...BUT how long have you been paying for insurance? How often have you used it?
I live in the top state for deer/car accidents - hit my first one 3 weeks ago, after 35 years of driving, 3 professionally (so 100k plus miles a year)
Been paying on homeowners insurance for 25 years...
Paid on car insurance for 35 years...had one claim.
In 8 years of shooting I've had one camera fail (shutter) and a flash get dropped (ass't) and 2 monolights smoke (water/dew/condensation/rain issues).
I had backup so no lost images - but consider 4 issues over 500+ sessions, or 1 every 175 shoots.
The typical MWAC may shoot 15 a year (if that) so they'll see a failure once every 11 or 12 years. They'll upgrade gear more often than that so I doubt they'll every see a failure.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me of course)

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow