Want to learn Photography, Which is the best DSLR for it ?

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,484
Don't Spend More Than You Can Afford...

Having said that, here is another vote for the Nikon 3200. It's relatively inexpensive while being a very capable DSLR. Nikon's flash system beats Canon's. The D3200 is small enough that you won't mind carrying it around; it fits in a coat pocket or a tiny unpadded fanny pack. The included kit lens is a fine starter lens. The camera allows full manual control as well as auto modes; you can start using it immediately while you gain your photographic sea-legs and gain the confidence to take more control.

During the 30+ years I have been doing photography I have carefully considered all the available camera systems when I was ready to do a major purchase: my first camera, the move to auto focus and then from film to digital. I've always wound up with Nikon; I'm still using manual focus lenses on my DSLR that I purchased in 1982.

I am pro but I wouldn't turn up my nose at the D3200 if I was in the market for a small DSLR. I've considered going with a D3200/5200 for traveling.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow