Moving from E-PL1 to? .. Pairing the GX1 w/Oly lenses? .. a bad idea for a me?

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
MValore
MValore Regular Member • Posts: 150
Re: Moving from E-PL1 to? .. Pairing the GX1 w/Oly lenses? .. a bad idea for a me?

Have you considered the OMD? This solves your IS issue as well as the better quality in low light.  Guess this could make a difference if price is a consideration.

I recently made this switch over and the additional size is not as much of a factor as I had thought.  I primarily take shots while hiking as well.  If you are using oly lenses other than the primes you probably can't fit the camera into a tight pocket anyway.  Also the high iso performance makes the flash less necessary.  I've forgotten the clip on flash quite a few times and realized how little I actually NEED it.

The oft talked about whirring noise has little to no impact on audio quality in my opinion.

Feel free to PM me with any additional questions!

-- hide signature --
 MValore's gear list:MValore's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow