Odd composition, what did you think?

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP Carlos Rivera Regular Member • Posts: 256
Re: Odd composition, what did you think?

apaflo wrote:

Carlos Rivera wrote:

I liked it in an instant; but frankly the more I look at that and think about what it shows, the more appealing it is visually.

Despite being a BW image with blocked shadows in the trees and her hair, the cloudy sky and the huge area of middle tones with that bright fence right down the middle is just fascinating in effect. The same is true of having a very short amount of positive space in front of her, and a large amount of negative space, which is balanced by the shadows of the trees against the open area of the field on the right.

Overall it is really "warm" and "fuzzy", and that just leaves a very nice feeling about the subject.

I took the photo working and trying to improve my composition skills and taking advantage of the sunset. Working with the model was a difficult task (she is my wife) but some how everything workout and I was able to create this unique photo.

Carlos Rivera's gear list:Carlos Rivera's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow