Want to learn Photography, Which is the best DSLR for it ?

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
happysnapper64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,417
Re: Want to learn Photography, Which is the best DSLR for it ?

With respect to Markin, while I agree the 1100D is not a top of the tree model, I have seen numerous very good images produced by this camera on the forum. Look through the 1100D forum & look at the pics people have taken with it. Some are beginners themselves. I think looking at other peoples pics on here taken with the same camera, gives a better idea of what to expect. Just one word of warning if you do decide to buy the 1100D, or any other camera. The lens is at least as important to the quality of the images you will take, in fact it may well be more important, so if you buy a "kit" with camera & lens, make certain that it is a "stabilized" lens. For Canon this is symbolized by the letters "IS" for Image Stabilization" printed on the barrel of the lens. For Nikon it is "VR" for "Vibration Reduction". This is important as the non stabilized lenses were of quite poor quality, & using them would be frustrating for a beginner. Keep us informed as to what you think.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow