A65 vs. A77 vs. A99

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul_Kingston New Member • Posts: 4
Re: We really need to know what you will be shooting ...

I'd go for the A77, and spend any saving you think you can manage on lenses. Maybe because I have one and am in love with it. My first DSLR was an A100, then went for an A700, then a few months back an A77. All three are "serious" camera, with good controllability and grip and buttons in appropriate places. I love the fully articulated rear screen on the A77, which I use a lot both indoors and out, and am fully sold on the excellent EVF- always a good viewfinder, but with added functionality (like a brighter view in dark conditions, excellent magnified view for manual focussing, option of switching on a level indicator, and more).

You mention sports- the A77's fast frame rate should be useful. You mention indoor & portraiture- your f2.8 zoom should enable you to shoot in many cases without flash, and your 50mm f1.7 will make a good portrait lens on this camera. I find the articulated rear screen great for informal indoor people shots, and have a 30mm f1.4 which is an excellent general-purpose lens indoors.You don't specifically menion macro, but if you are able to spend some of what you "save" by not going for the A99, I'd recommend a none-zoom macro lens. I have a 90mm f2.8, which is great for macro but also also adds to my indoor-without-flash arsenal- for example getting pictures of a speaker in a hall when you're in the audience.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow