Possible D600 Home Fix For Dust (Not Oil)?

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lucky Sky Senior Member • Posts: 1,735
Possible D600 Home Fix For Dust (Not Oil)?

I was trying to be oh so careful when I recently used my Artic Butterfly for dust removal. In the process of trying to be careful, I acccidently let the brush go under that frame that sits above the AA filter.

There's a space between that frame and the AA filter, and I pulled out (again, accidently) a big ugly glob of dust with the brush of the Butterfly onto the AA filter. I know it was dust because it came off right away with the use of my large size Rocket Blower.

Questions the photographers whom I acknowledge know more than I in these technical areas-

Have I stumbled upon a possible source of dirt (not oil) for the D600?

If so, do you recommend that I routinely use the Butterfly as described above to eventually eliminate that source of dirt?

Let me know.........I'd appreciate it.

++++++++++++++

As an aside on a subject different than dust, I appear to be one of the luckier ones where the oil problem (in my case) seems to be going away. I'm at 1500 snaps and things are getting better, oil-wise.

-- hide signature --

Lucky Sky
I'd rather be lucky than good

Lucky Sky's gear list:Lucky Sky's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR DxO Optics Pro Elite
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow