jtoolman
jtoolman Veteran Member • Posts: 6,493
Re: Who Do We Trust for Bottled Printer Ink

DUSTY LENS wrote:

jtoolman wrote:

DUSTY LENS wrote:

jtoolman wrote:

DUSTY LENS wrote:

My printers are always ink guzzlers , and they pump it all out before I have time to make a print .

I just want to buy some safe ink for them . ( only one actually , but that is one then another one , then another , etc , etc , ) .

Please feel free to jump in here and really make a list and make any special notes about if there is a phone number and some one to talk to and are they good on price , things like that that really matter .

Thanks a couple of dozens for all good advice .

Dusty

No way to answer!

What printer / printers makes and models are you talking about.

Inks have very different properties depending on Brand and even between models.

There is no such think as Universal Inks. Well there is but they are lying.

Not all can be refilled.

My previous printer was the Canon iP5000 . I guess I starved it for ink and it told me where to go . I sent it to dead printer heaven .

So you killed your printer? By starving it? I would not want to by your printer!

I see a few complaints about this post which I started , and let me begin my responses by saying :

the printer was smearing ink over the page where it was being dragged along by the print head , and my assessment was that it was going to cost more to clean and repair , or even to pay for tech support than it would have cost to replace it with a new and improved model .

I also would not have offered the printer for sale knowing this . and I apologize for not making it more clear that the printer would have cost more to repair than to replace , My fault , Sorry .

recently I replaced it with this Canon iP3600 , which seems to never stop pumping ink out the bottom of the print head , So I want to have plenty of cheap waste-able ink for it to satisfy it's addictive ink wasting pass time .

WHat are you talking about? Are you saying your printer is always doing cleaning cycles?

Yes , in my opinion it was perpetually doing cleaning so much so that it would run out of inkbefore I could use it . I had no way to measure the ink used but I could know what I have said in this regard .

I would probably be happy if I could switch the tanks to some cheap print head friendly liquid before I start it . and just when it decides it is tired of pumping ink out the bottom I could switch the real ink tanks back in and let it make a print or whatever I need on the real ink .

Maybe inkjet photo printing is just not for you. I own over 15 printers. Canons and Epson and I don't know what you mean when you say all this. Printers use about 1ml of ink per square foot of printer area. There is not way aornd that fact. There is no such thing as Print Friendly liquid, which I take is your name for " Good stingy " ink as opposed to " Evil wastefull " ink.

Ink jet , or other types , I suppose I am not so expet as you in using and doctoring these creatures I just need to have one for rare occasions to save gas on traveling to the mail and printing store just for a couple of documents . My photo prints are not for any professional or income purpose , just a kind of waste of good paper and time , really .

No , jtoolman I was referring to keeping the nozzles clean , and maybe not causing color problems , but that was only a consideration if it was not going to cost a lot more .

My only real complaint was to address the problem every one has with the excessive waste of ink just for flushing the nozzles , and the cost of ink tanks making it a very expensive use of ink .

Thank you jtoolman I appreciate the opportunity to clarify these issues because others may have the same feelings , and may not have stated those due to undue politeness .

I have already squirted some ink from some tanks I had left over from the dead iP5000 . and I got a little teeny bit of cyan in the yellow , so as you might imagine my color prints are all green , even the skin is green .

If you ever want to make some strange alien intity prints , send them over here and I can do it .

I can just take a few minutes , and it will pump all the green out , nothing to worry over .

??????

jtoolman , I was just making it clear that I accidentally refilled my only syringe with yellow ink without cleaning it first ( DUMB ) . I will not make that mistake again . Sorry for being mean to space aliens in my post , we all neglect to consider that these posts are read by space aliens too .

I want to take another opportunity to thank you for your kindness in this thread and the help you are willing to give freely . Thank you , jtoolman .

Dusty

Tusty,

The only way to print without going broke these days is to go with 3rd party refilling to cost costs. This opens up a whole can or worms and we need to creat cuspon paper profiles to counteract the color differences that may exist between OEM and 3rd party. We buy GOOD 3rd party only and avoing anything with the term Universal anywhere on the name.

I am maintaininf and using over fisteen 13 and 17" printers whcih I run almost on a weekly basis. Obviously I print a lot and do make a bit of money in the process. Maintenace have to be done religiously of they will turn against you.

Your carts maybe have been leaking and so caused all of those smears. Smears are also a result of a bad purge pad and simply the underside of the print head picking up guncky ink which collects on various arear.

If you do not print a lot maybe the best way would be to farm it out. But I love to print and enjoy the total craft and art of printing.

I have a small letter size Epson Artisan AIO that does a great job printing images and everything else. It does not run unsolicited cleaning cycles as you have complained about. If I do not initiate one it does not do one. I use refillables from Inkjetcarts and they are absolutely easy and simple to use as well as 100% relliable.

Joe

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD xrdbear
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow