Who Do We Trust for Bottled Printer Ink

Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
MOD xrdbear Veteran Member • Posts: 3,908
Re: Who Do We Trust for Bottled Printer Ink

<Huge snip>

I want to take another opportunity to thank you for your kindness in this thread and the help you are willing to give freely . Thank you , jtoolman .

Dusty

Thanks for the extremely polite explanations Dusty. I'm sure we are quite clear now. I rather like the idea of 'strange alien intity' BTW.

You intimated that the prints you did weren't for any commercial use but just occasional interest. I have no idea if this would be useful to you but have you thought of colour laser printers? I have a Kyocera FS-CS5100DN letter/A4 printer and I have to say, after doing a profile for it, that the output is quite amazing on cardstock, every bit as good as a consumer inkjet (without getting out the loupe etc). Also, I have had a print of the snow capped Cuillins (mountains here on Skye) stuck on a notice board that faces a sunny window for the last 2 years and it still matches an Epson pigment print that I have in the drawer. The great thing about lasers is that they can sit there more or less indefinitely consuming no more than a couple of watts and using no ink at all. Mine also does the office stuff, prints exquisite colour photograph labels for our egg boxes and I've even done greetings cards with it.

Just a thought.

-- hide signature --

Brian
Fine Art Print sales of the Isle of Skye at:
http://www.eyeofskye.co.uk/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD xrdbear
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow