How limiting is lack of image stabilization in Pany bodies?

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Questions thread
s_grins
s_grins Forum Pro • Posts: 11,766
Re: Old School

Sergey Borachev wrote:

I agree with what you said, idiotekniQues.

Is lack of AF a limitation? Can you survive without it? AF not a big deal? People in the 135mm days used to say and some still say they can focus fine and have more control and that they do not have to have the whiz bang AF Minolta brought out in its Maxxum models.

Is lack of AE a limitation? Do we have to have touchscreen LCD for photo shooting?

Do we need ABS? But someone would say no because he/she is so skilled in braking progressively and stably and may even beat the ABS in stopping distance sometimes.

When some new automation feature is mature and good enough, it is obviously useful in the right conditons, even to the most skilful photographers for consistent and reliable result or when they want to concentrate on the picture rather than on manually turning a focusing manually and precisely, on hold their cameras steady, etc.

People who continue to defend to their death limitations just because some feature is not available in their favrourite brand are so boring. And amusing.

No, I do not defend my brand. I do not trust IS, whether it in-body or in-lens. I do not want the sensor to be suspended inside. I want sensor to be mounted rock solid inside the body. I have kit 14-45 with OIS that all times switched OFF. I carry monopod in my bag that works fine to suppress hands shake, and this reminds me about limitations of the scene. Thanks G-G, all my other lenses do not have OIS

About ABS: did you see car accidents during snowfalls, involving ABS-armed with ABS? I did, and not just one.

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow