Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
JohnBGood
JohnBGood Regular Member • Posts: 347
Re: Lead with a sample

manthasfamily wrote:

retro76 wrote:

bacteria wrote:

Wow, huh!

I'll be the first to say the E-M5 has flaws (buttons, continous AF, lack of movie options, etc) but I've had the exact opposite experience on mine. WB, color and definition all loads better than the Canon DSLR I had (admitedly not as good as the 60D), but combine that with the DPR raw/jpeg studio comparisons and basically everybody's feedback, and your conclusions are quite surprising.

But to each their own. No camera can please everyone. Not even the best (which the OMD isn't).

Bacteria, I am not saying that the OM-D IQ is bad, as it's not. I think the problem is that I am used to the results from my Canon which does a good job of producing well balanced images straight OOC every time. I think people shouldn't be mad at me for stating an opinion, I am trying my hardest to love this camera, but to fully invest in a system I want to be satisfied with IQ. I know there are compromises with moving to a smaller system, but IQ isn't something I am willing to trade off on. Keep in mind I am a very picky person when it's come to IQ.

You're killing me. I normally don't post on this forum, though I own a Panny G3, but if you want credibility you need to post some side be side comparables, as some have asked. If not then leave the forum and voice your opinion on the canon forum. Sorry to sound harsh but one needs to lead with a sample.

-- hide signature --

Karen
If it pleases you then to hell what everyone else thinks!

Karen your post is to the point, but you're flogging a dead horse, the OP say's he's stating his opinions but he present them as hard facts… so it's obvious he doesn't want to discuss it or to get suggestion on how to improve his experience, he just want us to believe that the 60D sensor is better than the EM-5 despite the fact that multiple independent testers have proven the reverse.
And more so he admits that he wants perfect OOC pictures so that means he doesn't do any corrections.
Jeez even back in the days of film photography I always (or almost) adjusted my pictures in the darkroom, thinking you'll always get perfect pictures OOC is just plain utopic.

And again in this post he states :

I want to be satisfied with IQ. I know there are compromises with moving to a smaller system, but IQ isn't something I am willing to trade off on. Keep in mind I am a very picky person when it's come to IQ.

In a subtle manner, or so he thinks (for me it's more insidious than anything else), he implies that the 60D has better IQ than the EM-5 which is a perception not a hard fact.

Even with all our good will, we can't help him, it's obvious he doesn't want any advice or opinions that doesn't match his.

-- hide signature --

A mind is like a parachute, it works better when open.

JohnBGood's gear list:JohnBGood's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow