Selling my OM-D and returning to 60D

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
zxaar Veteran Member • Posts: 4,105
Re: Doubt it

Rick Baumhauer wrote:

zxaar wrote:

if you only learned to read:

"1) the 60D has better dynamic range. I know that DXO says otherwise, but I get blown highlights with the OMD. "

-- hide signature --

::> Knowledge is mother of efficiency.

That's the thing, though - it's REALLY HARD to blow highlights on the OM-D. Apart from the great DR, it even has a "Shadow/Highlight" mode that will show you, in realtime, if you are blowing the highlights, and it can be adjusted to suit where you want it to show clipping. There's really no reason to be blowing highlights on the OM-D if you are making use of the tools the camera provides to prevent it, and those tools aren't present in any form on the 60D (or any other camera with an optical viewfinder).

You may very well be right. But it is hard to argue when someone says that believe otherwise. May be his camera does.

Further my k-x that has sony sensor, does blow high lights. Very good sensor , but in bright sun light it does blow high lights. Not a big issue for me, since i shoot in manual mode, i take care of it. No complains.

-- hide signature --

::> Knowledge is mother of efficiency.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow