Selling my OM-D and returning to 60D

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP retro76 Regular Member • Posts: 215
Re: Selling my OM-D and returning to 60D

bacteria wrote:

Wow, huh!

I'll be the first to say the E-M5 has flaws (buttons, continous AF, lack of movie options, etc) but I've had the exact opposite experience on mine. WB, color and definition all loads better than the Canon DSLR I had (admitedly not as good as the 60D), but combine that with the DPR raw/jpeg studio comparisons and basically everybody's feedback, and your conclusions are quite surprising.

But to each their own. No camera can please everyone. Not even the best (which the OMD isn't).

Bacteria, I am not saying that the OM-D IQ is bad, as it's not.  I think the problem is that I am used to the results from my Canon which does a good job of producing well balanced images straight OOC every time.  I think people shouldn't be mad at me for stating an opinion, I am trying my hardest to love this camera, but to fully invest in a system I want to be satisfied with IQ.  I know there are compromises with moving to a smaller system, but IQ isn't something I am willing to trade off on.  Keep in mind I am a very picky person when it's come to IQ.

retro76's gear list:retro76's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Nikon 1 J4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow