Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Ariston Senior Member • Posts: 2,401
Re: This is what's really going on

nixda wrote:

Ariston wrote:

Zardoz wrote:

cosmonaut wrote:

This link indicates Fuji makes their own sensor.

Quote "Fuji has a long history of innovative sensor design"

http://chromasoft.blogspot.ca/2012/05/demosaicing-fuji-x-pro1-and-its-x-trans.html

No, it doesn't. I think you've misunderstood the post.

from my understanding, it says Sony provided the sensor, Fuji worked on it and incorporated their ideas into it. it's counter-argumentative. hence, Fuji can make a claim it's theirs in another perspective.

It's been suggested before here - I can't remember quite by whom now - that, even if the X-Trans was based on a Sony sensor, and even if it was manufactured by Sony, Sony obtains a lot of semi-conductor materials from Fujifilm, so it's still Fujifilm's.

Now, what's been neglected from this line of arguments is that the silicon dioxide that said semi-conductor material is made of has been harvested in the fjords of Norway.

So, ultimately really, it's Slartibartfast who is behind the X-Trans.

I believe so. does he work for Sony or Fuji? lol.

I think the manufacturing aspect is much more on the labor cost of building the sensor rather than designing the sensor which only occurs in R&D departments and is totally separate entity from manufacturing.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow