RX1 EVF my findings
Some have secured their EVFS with gaffers tape. Personally I have not had much of a problem with it slipping off, but the snagging on the bag when stowing/unstowing the camera is the worst feature.
Built-in EVFs won't likely come with the nifty swivel* that I use extensively, and the view from the EVF is marvelous, and a far tradeoff with optical considering how WYSIWYG the whole experience is (DOF, color balance, exposure, etc.)
A big point in favor of the EVF is how much more natural and steady it is to shoot with the camera braced against you. Shooting with a non-articulating LCD is very unnatural and unstable.
*Minolta actually did once have a swivelling built-in viewfinder.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!