How limiting is lack of image stabilization in Pany bodies?

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Questions thread
s_grins
s_grins Forum Pro • Posts: 11,775
Re: How limiting is lack of image stabilization in Pany bodies?

I'm old school man who grown up without any IS, so I'm not addicted to have it. I do not trust IS and do not use it, moreover, I'm suspicious about sensor on suspender inside camera, and I think this is the reason for what is known as a "shutter shock"

I understand that any IS does not help me to fix problem of moving kids and pets, trembling under the wind foliage, and so on.

I believe in shutter speed, and keep IS OFF all the time, and I feel more confident with sensor that mounted rock solid to a chassis in my GH2

Also I feel confident with Oly lenses without OIS.

When I can't get shutter speed I want or need (close-ups and macros) I use tripod or monopod.

Again, any IS will not do your photos sharper in low light. Shutter speed is everything.

Edited: I think IS is a wrong and deceptive definition. I'd rather call it HS (hands stabilization) to highlight what it really does.

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow