A65 vs. A77 vs. A99

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
RichV Veteran Member • Posts: 6,160
I'm suggesting the A99 ...

You put the A99 in your list of possibilities, so I'm figuring you're willing to pay the price if it seems like the right choice. Some thoughts:

• You've got an A100; it's a good camera in its sweet zone, but this tells me (1) you tend to hold on to a camera for a while, (2) you're not used to hyper-fast fps rates and (3) you're used to 10 MP images.
  • The A99 will use all of your current lenses - with your APS-C lenses you can get images roughly the size of the A100's, but with many times the noise performance.
  • The A99 has features and advantages the other two bodies don't.
  • If you go for an A65/A77 it might just be a stepping stone to the FF anyway (that's up to you, but you probably know right now whether you eventually want FF or not) - regardless, its Achilles heel when compared to the A99 will always be noise.

So if I were open to paying the A99's price, that's where I'd go (and save myself the cost of multiple APS-C bodies along the way). It's got the best noise footprint in the line, and has years and years of room for growth.

-- hide signature --
 RichV's gear list:RichV's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 50mm F1.4 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow