Best config for my situation?
Spread different parts across drives except mentioned in the articles which items to keep together.
SSD for OS and Application load.
If you use an SSD for databases use one with high IOPS for best results.
As the article states, Raid 0 can help speed up slower drives
More ram and fast drives with plenty of room always helps
Hoping this is the correct forum...
I have a pretty fast custom built PC with 3 western digital hard drives: 1) 750gb where OS and programs are installed, 2) 2tb where my images are stored, 3) 2tb used for backups with extra space.
For now all drives have plenty of space.
What's the best config for LR4 and CS6 to maximize performance? Specifically, where should I:
- Install LR and CS6
- Locate LR catalog
- Locate LR cache and how large should I set it to
- Locate LR preview files
- Locate relevant CS6 cache, etc
Also, should I use an SSD for my temp loading and initial processing before moving to my main location?
thanks in advance, and feel free to make other suggestions...
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!