A65 vs. A77 vs. A99

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marco Cinnirella
Marco Cinnirella Veteran Member • Posts: 6,438
Re: A65 vs. A77 vs. A99

DM1DM wrote:

Here's maybe a crazy question...ALL things considered (cost, quality, etc) which would you recommend, the A99, A77, or A65 (or other)?

I currently own the A100. It is almost 6 years old. I'm ready for an upgrade.

My current equipment is...Minolta AF 50/1.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6 Di (which I do not think works with a full-frame sensor), and Sigma 24-60/2.8 EX DG D (which, again, I do not think works with a full-frame sensor). My flash is a Minolta 3600 HS.

I like the "idea" of the full-frame sensor because of lower pixel density/noise/etc., but this may not be the best option for me considering my equipment. I do not like noise, and my A100 has noise in low light at ISO 400 and above.

Of course, cost is always a major consideration. I just wanted to poll the group and get your thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

This is a very hard question to answer unless you say a bit more about your style of photography, whether you also intend to invest in new lenses, and so on. All the cameras on your list are very good and have their fans. The a57 is very good as well, by the way.

If you do not intend to buy any further lenses I would suggest an a57 for now so you can see how you get on with the Sony SLT models. Or wait 6 months and get one of the new SLTs coming out later in the year.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha a99 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a99 II Fujifilm FinePix X100 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow