Scanners and Scanning Services

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vernon D Rainwater Forum Pro • Posts: 13,490
Re: Scanners and Scanning Services

jdurant wrote:

This might be the wrong forum area, but does anyone have any experience with scanning services. I have several boxes of old photos and negatives that I would like to scan (probably only some, not all). Can anyone recommend a scanning service? Would I be better off by a dedicated scanner such as a Canon Canoscan 9000f? I have an all in one printer/scanner at the moment, but I would like to create better copies of my old, pre-digital photos.

Thanks.

I noticed you have not had a reply yet and although I am of little (to no) help , I will suggest that should you decide to scan your Media with a Scanner instead of using an outside service; I believe (based on my usage and experience) that you would get good results with an Epson V700 scanned and with using the Epson included software.  I have scanned many thousands of Negatives and Slides plus some Photos for exposures over the past 60 years -- and we are very pleased with the results.

Sorry that I can't help with referring to an outside scanning service since I have never used one.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow