Veteran XP1 User Now Venting

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
designdog
designdog OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,030
Re: Veteran XP1 User Now Venting

Anyone with some experience with Lightroom would hardly call it bloatware.

My intention was not to start either an Adobe or Fuji flame fest. This seems to me a similar contest to the Adobe Flash /Apple QuickTime battle, and we all have suffered through that.

Full disclaimer: I make my living with the Adobe Creative Suite products. Have since Photoshop and Illustrator, and the Mac, first came out. Not about to give them up. That said, I know neither is perfect, and I have always been willing to accommodate that.

I have about 80,000 images managed by Lightroom, on several drives, in the cloud, and on my server. Not about to give that up either. And I should not have to. That is my point.

Look, it does not matter who is at fault, Adobe or Fuji. The Fuji x files have to be wholly, totally, and completely processable by the mainstream, or they are niche products, like the Fuji S series (at least you could process these.)

And the mainstream, like it or not, is Adobe. Plain and simple.

Many  of you may recall, in the euphoria of the  X Pro1's introduction, all of the posts here by folks giving up their 5Dii, etc. for the XP1: image quality, light weight, etc. Of course many of those folks, like me, were not aware of the smearing issue. Few of them making a living in photography are doing it without Lightroom/Photoshop. None that I know, anyway.

The X Pro 1 is a great camera. I love mine. I just want to be able to work with it like any other camera...

designdog's gear list:designdog's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow