using built in flash over 200 feet

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mmhendrie
mmhendrie Regular Member • Posts: 425
using built in flash over 200 feet

Guys, was just at the zoo on Saturday. It was snow day at LA zoo, so that seemed to bring out a lot of SLR users - lots of high-end stuff on display.

I was at the popular tiger enclosure, trying to get a couple of shots. There were a lot of big lenses around. There was an older lady right next to me using a Canon. I'm not sure of the model, but it was a very large dSLR, with the top LED panel and vertical grip - and she had a monster cream-colored lense on the end of it. I tend to try and watch people like that out of the corner of my eye, see vaguely what they're doing and see if i can pick anything up. One thing that struck me, she had the built-in pop-up flash out, and...it was flashing when she shot.

It did leave me confused - my assumption was her setup would be a few thousand dollars initially, so i presume she knows what she's doing - what's the benefit of using a built-in flash on subjects that must have been about 150-200feet away?

thanks,

Matt

-- hide signature --

www.wingedwarriors.co.uk

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tom
tom
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow