DP3M Poll: Who's interested?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
MOD Kendall Helmstetter Gelner Forum Pro • Posts: 20,087
Re: DP3M Poll: Who's interested?

Harold66 wrote:

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

YEAH right. You are making an opinion for a few minutes at the display booth. It is not serious. It is like those who post what they call a camera review from handling for a few hours at a store ..

It was more like about 30 minutes total. And it's not like I have not shot other digital cameras with an LCD over my lifetime that had zoom, and thus offered similar shooting FOV and challenges.

you are completely missing my point

I thought I answered the point you were making.  Could you re-phrase what that point was?

let s be serious for a second, shall we?

I thought I was being serious by posting opinions based on actually handling the camera and using existing LCD cameras for model shots. It's not that big of a leap from shooting models with a DP-2M to a DP-3M. I've shot both 30mm and 50mm lenses before on the SD-1.

irrelevant on the sd1m you can always revert to the ovf

I was speaking to the point you made about a longer focal length meaning that smaller changes mattered more in framing, which I understand already from framing using different lenses of the same focal length on the SD-1.  That has nothing to do with LCD clarity.

and this is pure common sense. When you shoot with a small tele lenses , most of the images are going to be shot within a given distance bracket , say 2 to 5 meters ir so

Here I'm not quite sure what you are saying... If you are talking about just shooting models, then that would be the approximate range used - although I would disagree with that range in terms of environmental portraiture or outdoor nudes and so on.

maybe show us some images..and again I am not saying it would always be the case but most often for most models photogs

I posted these images a few days ago:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50831350

As I said, I am very picky about framing and to me even a few mm does matter. I have no issues shooting LCD cameras in that regard because I also have eyes and can see things shift either as I move by body with the camera or on the LCD.

your eyes in bright sun on the LCD won t be much use. Maybe you can just show us your portraits with the dp3m when you get one?

What I am telling you is that I have already done a LOT of outdoor shooting (including some models) with the DP-M cameras and sunlight on the LCD is not an issue.  It was somewhat with the older DP cameras, but the newer LCD is not too hard to read outdoors.

If I get a DP-3M I will be doing some model shooting with it.

But if you're also talking about other uses I totally disagree.

NO, I am not. Please read what I wrote

Could you re-phrase?  It honestly was hard to understand exactly what you meant there, if my response was not it I need more information...

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow