Best tripod head for BIF... Dead arm syndrome in full effect

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k Forum Pro • Posts: 10,350
Re: Best tripod head for BIF... Dead arm syndrome in full effect

Greg Lavaty wrote:

I own both of them and I can say for sure that I prefer the Opteka. The Opteka was a little tight when I first got it but after my first couple of outings with it, it loosened up and felt as good as my Wimberley. If you think about it, the Wimberley is a really simple design and isn’t tough to copy and really isn’t all that difficult to build.

Thanks Greg, that is $150 vs $600, the brand name means nothing to me if they can do the same job.

What I like better about the Opteka is that it is smaller and easier to travel with.

Even better.

I didn’t like the Manfrotto 393, I found it to be quite a pain to use. Too bulky, too heavy and you couldn’t lock it like you can the Wimberley and the Opteka.

Exactly I found #1 issue is that unable to lock it for a still moon shot, and it's big and difficult to move my fingers around on the buttons of the lens.  I will sell 393 and get this one from Amazon that has the best hassle-free return policy in case I don't like it.

Thanks again.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow