If People want a Pentax FF so bad.. Go buy a 645d ??

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Toccata47 Senior Member • Posts: 2,800
Re: $7,000 premium over nikon FF

I wasn't responding to you, sorry. Posts made as a response show an indentation and usually quote the previous post's title, just as an fyi.

Having said that, I did read your responses to my post and I have to say that I wholeheartedly disagree. I own a d800e and a leica s2 and have taken 6,200 exposures with a d600. The d800e is close enough to s2 that the differences come down to the lenses. The leica lenses are better in the focal lengths that I use most but there are many instances when I'm looking at imported images where I just can't tell the difference unless I look at the exif data. The differences are more apparent after I convert to black and white or when I'm shooting portraiture, but for general shots...no. For the price difference I would be inclined to find more to differentiate the two systems, but the truth is the d800e is able to achiever a lot more relative to the leica system.

Prints from the d600 deliver what I'm used to seeing from the d7000 moreso than the d800. It's a far cry from what I see from the other two and quite honestly, doesn't offer enough performance to make it a compelling camera for my usage. Being able to exploit less demanding lenses is an advantage, but than again, the d7000 does that too, weighs less an offers a little bit more reach relatively.

None of this has anything to do with what this thread is about though.

Dave wrote:

I',m not sure if that question was posed to me or the OP

My answer though to this is a definite No! A medium format digital camera has more specialized uses and is no substitute for FF 35mmm DSLR's, espcially when used in a wide variety of applications.

Dave

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow