DP3M Poll: Who's interested?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,951
Re: DP3M Poll: Who's interested?

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

YEAH right. You are making an opinion for a few minutes at the display booth. It is not serious. It is like those who post what they call a camera review from handling for a few hours at a store ..

It was more like about 30 minutes total. And it's not like I have not shot other digital cameras with an LCD over my lifetime that had zoom, and thus offered similar shooting FOV and challenges.

you are completely missing my point

let s be serious for a second, shall we?

I thought I was being serious by posting opinions based on actually handling the camera and using existing LCD cameras for model shots. It's not that big of a leap from shooting models with a DP-2M to a DP-3M. I've shot both 30mm and 50mm lenses before on the SD-1.

irrelevant on the sd1m you can always revert to the ovf

and this is pure common sense. When you shoot with a small tele lenses , most of the images are going to be shot within a given distance bracket , say 2 to 5 meters ir so

Here I'm not quite sure what you are saying... If you are talking about just shooting models, then that would be the approximate range used - although I would disagree with that range in terms of environmental portraiture or outdoor nudes and so on.

maybe show us some images..and again I am not saying it would always be the case but most often for most models photogs

As I said, I am very picky about framing and to me even a few mm does matter. I have no issues shooting LCD cameras in that regard because I also have eyes and can see things shift either as I move by body with the camera or on the LCD.

your eyes in bright sun on the LCD won t be much use. Maybe you can just show us your portraits with the dp3m when you get one?

But if you're also talking about other uses I totally disagree.

NO, I am not. Please read what I wrote

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow